* Vance Shipley <van...@motivity.ca> [09-28-11 06:06]:
> I often want to associate one or more other emails with one
> which I am editing to send.  I expect to be able to grab the
> references from the `Message-ID:' headers and include them
> in a `References:' header line which I add to the message
> I'm editing.  I do this by pressing `E' in the compose window
> which is bound to the `edit-headers' command.
>
> However afterwards it has silently dropped the References:'
> header!  What can be done?

I don't see this here, but have altered/added to the "References:" header
in this post to see if it survives on transmission.  Look for <abcd...> in
the "References:" entry.

You *are* enclosing your changes in "<...>"?

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member