** Rado Q <list2r...@gmx.de> [2012-06-05 19:04]:
> =- Malte Detlefsen wrote on Tue  5.Jun'12 at 12:48:31 +0200 -=

> That was I.

> Match on "user@server" for user-specific settings (like imap_pass,
> but not imap_user, since it's already part of the match),
>  match server-only for user-unspecific settings (like IMAP-Server-params),
>
> Then change-folder to "user@server", maybe use folder-hooks, but
> then always match for "user@server", otherwise how should mutt know
> which user you want to talk to?
>
> For your case of multi-user on same-host setup the word
> "account-hook" is misleading, or rather you must keep in mind the
> match on "server" alone is not enough, but must always match "user@server".
** end quote [Rado Q]

Good point, I avoided copying and pasting my config and missed that in the
example I put in, which should have been:

account-hook imaps://whl...@gmx.de@imap.gmx.com 'set imap_user =
"whl...@gmx.de" imap_pass = "xxxx"'
source ~/.mutt/account.whllnd

account-hook imaps://d...@gmx.de@imap.gmx.com 'set imap_user = "d...@gmx.de"
imap_pass = "xxxx"'
source ~/.mutt/account.drsp

The double @ doesn't cause a problem as I use that myself. When you want to
change to the INBOX of an account use 'c' to change folder and then put the
full imap string in as the folder, eg:

imaps://whl...@gmx.de@imap.gmx.com

with sub folders just carry on down the path from there. You will find that '='
takes you to the inbox of the primary account, which is the last one listed in
the config.

I've not gone further into the config to see if I can make it easier than this.
Things like setting = to be the current account automatically may be nice, and
an easier incantation for changing between accounts than the full imaps string
would be good - particularly as I have 10 accounts on my server to switch
between!!

Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office: