I receive my email at a desktop in my office and I access it through mutt at my
office and remotely through my laptop using IMAP. Thus, I have
configuration files at my desktop and at my laptop. However, there are
parts of the configuration which should be identical, such as my list
of alias and a few macros. Having several copies yields occasional
inconsistencies. Is there a reasonable way to keep some configuration
files at my office and source them remotely from my laptop when I
start mutt? Similarly, I would like to be able to update the files at
my office when I define a new alias at my laptop.  An
alternative would be to use a revision control system to update and
synchronize the relevant files among my computers, but I wonder if
there is a simpler solution.

Thanks and best regards,
Luis

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251             |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/