On 2012-10-28, Remco Rijnders <re...@webconquest.com> wrote:

> While it is not an answer to your original question, would it not work if=
>=20
> you added your own root certificate with smime_keys add_root ? Then it=20
> should hopefully accept your own certificate too.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That was actually one of the first things
I tried.  As root, I ran:

  $ smime_keys add_root ~user/user.crt
  Enter a label, name or description for this certificate: self

Then I tried again to add my key as a user:

  $ smime_keys add_p12 my.pfx

  NOTE: This will ask you for two passphrases:
         1. The passphrase you used for exporting
         2. The passphrase you wish to secure your private key with.

  Enter Import Password:
  MAC verified OK
  Enter PEM pass phrase:
  Verifying - Enter PEM pass phrase:
  Couldn't identify root certificate!
  No root and no intermediate certificates. Can't continue.
    at /usr/bin/smime_keys line 708.

The .crt file that I added as a root cert is the same one that was
used to create the .pfx file.