/ Patrick Shanahan wrote on Wed 31.Oct'12 at 20:07:03 -0400 /

> * Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [10-31-12 19:31]:
> > On 31Oct2012 15:17, Jeremy Kitchen <kitc...@kitchen.io> wrote:
> > |
> > | You may want to look into tmux :)
> >
> > Oh, I do want to!
> >
> > I'm still a screen user on the whole and haven't yet wrapped my head
> > around tmux' usage.
> >
> > But if you mean logically subdividing a single _terminal_ window with
> > multiple session displays, no thanks. I've never found it works for
> > me with vi or screen or other in-terminal dividers, including urxvt's
> > internal tabbing support; they all devolve to focus follows mouse or
> > arcane keystrokes to switch focus because the terminal doesn't see the
> > mouse cursor, and they also all devolve to emulated terminals and curses
> > support issues, and the control stuff gets in the way of being a "pure"
> > terminal. Let us not get into cut/paste line ending issues:-)
>
> I have gone over to tmux for > a year now.  I have 9 pages, some split.  I
> access my mail and webserver box remotely in a tmux session with pages
> open to 3 other boxes.  I upgraded boxes some years ago and left my web
> server and mail on the original box.  I read my mail via ssh'ing to a tmux
> session running on the original box.  This way I can access the tmux
> session remotely from anywhere on anyone's box, including windoz running
> vnc from a usb stick.

I ashamed to say i've never tried screen. I use tmux a lot because it is part
of the base OpenBSD system and so use it on my Mac as well now. I also use and
like my tiling WM such spectrwm and I mainly use cwm on OpenBSD as it's there
as part of the system and I really like it. I prefer anything that allows me to
use the keyboard all the time; having to reach out for a mouse is PITA these
days :-)

I still have my iTerm2 installed, perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance.
You've sold it very well Cameron, i'll give it another go. Jamie.