/ Linda wrote on Tue 13.Nov'12 at 22:55:48 -0600 /

> I use dovecot with Maildir for the imap server. I can view the inbox
> fine but can't access or list  the subdirectories
>
> Here is the .muttrc lines that would be relevant
>
> set spoolfile=imap://office-mail@star/
> set folder=imap://office-mail@star/
> set record=imap://office-mail@star/Sent
> set imap_user=office-mail

With Dovecot, the best way to set it up in my experience for use with mutt is
like this:

set folder=imaps://someurl.tld/
set spoolfile=+INBOX
set record=+Sent

[ ... ]

and then set you mailboxes using the + extention from $folder, so you could
alter your script to do it that way (i didn't look too closely at the script
you provided for the mailboxes command. But you should get the jist of what i'm
getting at. The '/' character at the end of $folder is important.