On 2012-11-18, Woody Wu <narkewo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to read/post the list in gmane.org.  So I want to ask, if the
> list (mutt-users) allow users to subscribe but without send messages to
> their mailbox?

Sadly, the mutt list forces users to subscribe.  Consequently, the
red-tape forces gmane users to subscribe twice.  You must subscribe
directly to mutt-users, and also the gmane.mail.mutt.user group.

It is a misguided attempt to stop spam, because it's possible to
subscribe pseudo-anonymously using a disposable account.  So legit
users are inconvenienced for nothing (malicious botnets can do the
same).  But at least you have the option of using a disposable account
- in which case you don't care if you receive the distribution because
you will ignore the disposable account after it's used for
subscribing.  I don't know if majordomo allows subscribers to disable
distribution.

try using anonbox.net to subscribe.