On Wed, November 21, 2012 07:39, David Champion wrote:
> * On 20 Nov 2012, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
>>
>> OK, I have done that. I also changed nroff to groff as I have both and
>> they are different sizes. However, I still do not really understand by
>> "press T over table to format. I type the table, hit >esc> and then
>> shift-T. Nothing happens. What am I supposed to do?
>
> Does your cursor move at all?  If the macro is defined when you invoke
> vim, then pressing T should move to the top of the current/previous
> paragraph, then pipe text to the end of the paragraph, moving the cursor
> twice.  If the cursor is not moving, then I imagine vim isn't creating
> the macro.
>
> Sometimes vi/vim/etc have trouble with macros that overlap builtin
> behaviors.  Maybe there's a problem with T as a binding?  Does anyone
> who uses vim know?

I have never seen the case that vim had trouble overriding internal
keys. If it does, it needs to be reported and I am pretty sure Bram
fixes this.

Anyways, using the
nmap T {^M!}foobar<cr>
works here. Perhaps Vim doesn't correctly understand
the Carriage Return part within the mapping, in that case, simply try
nmap T {+!}foobar<cr>
or something. If that still doesn't work, I suppose some plugin interfers,
so in this case try explicitly with a vim started with
vim -u NONE -U NONE -N
and enter the mapping verbose into your commandline.

regards,
Christian