On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 10:28:12AM -0800, Michael Elkins wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 06:22:32PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> >How does mutt detect no change to the temporary file when one hits
> >R[eply] but then makes no change to the file?
>
> Yes, if the modification time on the file is unchanged.  See
> $abort_unmodified to change this behavior.

Thank you, I sort of want the opposite, a way to fool mutt into thinking
the file *hasn't* been modified.  I'm editing the file via a wrapper
script and that always changes the modification time even if the file
hasn't actually changed.

I think I will have to change how my wrapper script works to prevent it
copying the file *unless* it actually changes it.

--
Chris Green