* Michael Elkins <m...@sigpipe.org> [12-17-12 19:11]:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 06:57:08PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >I find mairix to be very helpful.  It creates a searchable index.
>
> Just to add to the list, there are a few other external indexing options as
> well:
>
> http://notmuchmail.org
>
> http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/

which, unfortunately, do not handle mbox natively  :^(.
and mairix is not w/o it's own problems...

and an addition to your list,
  grepmail/grepm  which I used some years ago.  I just checked and the
    last update was 2005.

old memory is very foggy, and the Dos XXs are not helping  :^)

tks,
--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member