Hi Patrick!

On Mi, 26 Dez 2012, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> [12-26-12 10:23]:
> > Hi Patrick!
> >
> > On Di, 25 Dez 2012, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >
> > > limit from <email.addr>
> > >
> > > :l ~f <email.addr>
> > >
> > > perhaps a little reading of the documentation would make it possible.
> >
> > Perhaps reading the message to which you answered helps. Nobody is
> > denying, that the  basic principle for limiting is using ~f <address>.
> > The problem is getting the <address> from a mail visually selected in
> > the index, so that you can bind it to a key.
>
> Odd, in my xterm session a double mouse click will provide that for
> copying.  Capturing the address with the mouse is even possible in console

Yeah, I understand, first opening the message in the browser, then
moving the hands from the keyboard to the mouse to visually select the
address then returning to the index, pressing l ~f and pasting via the
mouse or the keyboard is really comfortable.

> mode with gpm active.  I understand what you provided but you still have
> to access to designate a *particular* post containing a "From:" addr and
> the OP *specified* "by the *selected* message sender".
>
> x...@synapse.plus.com asked
> <quote:>
> I'd like to set up a macro which will set the <limit> to all mail sent
> by the selected message sender.
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> I've looked in the docs and searched the web and can't find any
> information on how to expand something like ~f in a macro. Is this
> possible at all?
> </quote:>
>
> Maybe my reading comprehension is really failing as I still cannot see the
> requirement for a convoluted external script is necessary.  If so I

I underlined it for you. But since you usually point out the usage of
RTFM in this list, show us in the fine manual, how you would write such
a macro.

regards,
Christian