On 2013-01-30 17:54:04 -0300, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> On 2013-01-30 15:33:11 -0500, Patrice Levesque wrote:
> >
> > > My problem is that all Maildir folders are updated automatically when a
> > > new email is received, but my Inbox doesn't show updates. To see new
> > > email I have to quit mutt and re-open it.
> > >
> > > What I'm doing wrong?.
> >
> > See this entry from the FAQ, might provide you a hint or two:
> > http://dev.mutt.org/trac/wiki/MuttFaq/Folder#Whyarenewflagsofmboxfolderswronginfolder-listview
> >

> Ok, so, basically the recommended way is to convert my inbox to Maildir.
> Now the question is how?.

This was easy:

1) Convert /var/spool/mail/me to Maildir using mb2md -m

2) Redefined the INBOX variable in ~/.procmailrc to

    INBOX=$HOME/Maildir/.inbox/new      # to store all incoming mail in that
folder.

3) Added this fields to ~/.muttrc

    set timeout = 10                    # mutt 'presses' (like) a key for you
(while you're idle)
                                        # each x sec to trigger the thing below.
    set mail_check=5                    # mutt checks for new emails on every
keystroke
                                        # but not more often than once in 5
seconds.
    set spoolfile = "~/Maildir/.inbox"  # mutt will open this folder at
                                        # startup.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com