* Ed <w...@comcast.net> [02-05-13 22:14]:
> On 02/05/2013 10:08 PM, Brandon Sandrowicz wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 09:34:54PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> >>I keep getting this error::
> >>
> >>sh: 1: lpr: not found
> >>
> >>but I don't know where it is coming from. In my muttprintrc I have
> >>the printer set to hp-psc-1310 which is the system printer and is
> >>using CUPS. Its a USB printer, so where is the lpr coming from ?
> >>
> >>Ed
> >
> >lpr is a line printer command, IIRC. It's blowing up because the command
> >does not exist (not installed), or is not in your $PATH. Why it's
> >attempting to use lpr instead of CUPS is probably down to a
> >configuration issue.
> >

> Well I set print_command="cups" in my muttprintrc., so now it tells me it
> can't find cups.

#
# Here you can configure your printer
# To print in a file, use the following entry:
# PRINTER="TO_FILE:/home/pat/mutttest.ps"
#PRINTER="lp"
#PRINTER="TO_FILE:/home/pat/mutt.file.ps"
PRINTER="http://192.168.1.12:631/printers/HP_Color_LaserJet_2840";
#
# Here you can set the print command
# $PRINTER is substituted by the PRINTER
# variable
# CUPS: Either "CUPS" or an arbitrary command which
# contains $CUPS_OPTIONS which is replaced by the
# options used for CUPS
#PRINT_COMMAND="lpr -P$PRINTER"
#PRINT_COMMAND="gv -"
PRINT_COMMAND="a2ps -"
#PRINT_COMMAND="CUPS"

I use "a2ps -"

did you try, and be sure to include the quotation marks:
  "lpr -P$PRINTER"
or
  "lpr -Php-psc-1310"

Have you actually set "PRINTER"
You *must* to use "lpr -P$PRINTER"
if fact, you just plain *MUST*.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member