On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 08:02:02AM +0100, Alexander Dahl wrote:

> This is exactly the problem: if you have unexperienced or uninterested
> users you want them to have an easy user interface. Teaching them to
> hit reply if they want to answer just to the poster and reply to all
> for answering all (aka the list) is difficult enough, even though this
> does not break with the thing you do with mail to multiple receivers
> without mailinglists. If you don't have the "avoid box" checked in
> mailman those people get duplicate messages and that's what you do not
> want, because this ends in discussions about their MUAs and then you
> are screwed anyway.

Why? It is awkward replying to a list when a copy isn't sent to the
subscriber of the list¹ 'L' doesn't work for a start.

Catering for inexperienced or uninterested users unfortunately makes it
awkward for normal users. Inexperienced or uninterested users will soon
become experienced users and will eventually thank you. (maybe?) :)

¹ I've got a strange feeling of deja vu ... mmmmm!?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X