On 19.03.13 10:29, Chris Green wrote:
> So, how does mutt decide that a message is 'N'?  There isn't an explicit
> flag indicating this so it must be some combination of absence of
>
> Can anyone tell me what it is please.

Last time I looked at that, I made these notes:

   Mutt uses e.g. "Status: RO" to flag that a mail is "Read" and "Old"
   Absence of a "Status:" header causes mutt to flag the mail as "New".

There doesn't seem to be any description of this internal detail in the manual,
so that's as close as I've come to working out what it does. (Based only
on observation, not digging through the code.)

Erik

--
You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.