Hello James,
> You are not using the program correctly. extract_urlview has worked
> perfectly with mutt, for me, for probably about 2 years now. Why bother
> trying to integrate it into your shell script, just use it as a
> stand-alone program and don't use urlview at all.
>
> the contents of my ~/.extract_urlview:
> COMMAND firefox %s &
As there are so many types of URLs, and I am not sure whether my
browser can handle all of them correctly, I wanted to continue using
the same handler that urlview, the program I used until a few days
ago, used. I guess your suggestion would work for most, or maybe all
of the cases, and the complexity of /etc/urlview/url_handler.sh may be
unnecessary, but now it is working and, at the end, the fix was
trivial, i.e. changing 'COMMAND /etc/urlview/url_handler.sh' into
'COMMAND /etc/urlview/url_handler.sh %s'.
Thanks and regards,
Luis

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251             |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/
GPG: DD344B85,  2ADC B65A 5499 C2D3 4A3B  93F3 AE20 0F5E DD34 4B85