Hi Marcelo,

Did you intend to send this to the notmuch list?  Anyway, since I use
notmuch, I will try to answer.

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 07:57:09AM -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:
> A few days a go I got problems with notmuch: it dosent index my
> messages.
>
> To day I try it by CL and got the messages:
>
>  Calling hook: notmuch new
>  Hook stdout:
> Hook stderr:Note: Ignoring non-mail file:
> /home/marcelo/Mail/GMail/Enviados/cur/1309905148_0.6040.laia,U=18964,FMD5=e0c551b26041517d2160549b93207ed4:2,S
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
>   what():  basic_string::assign
> Aborted
>

>  Hook return code: 134

I'm assuming that you use OfflineIMAP to sync, and you call notmuch new
in the postsynchook.  Since the error message complains about file not
being a proper message file, I would suggest you look at the raw file
and check if it is indeed corrupted.

In the past I have noticed sometimes when the sync process gets
interrupted, OfflineIMAP borks the file permissions of the message.  I
have to hand fix it for OfflineIMAP to continue again.  Maybe your issue
is another manifestation of the same problem.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu