On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:05:10AM +0100, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
> On k, nov 19, 2013 at 09:55:40 +0100, Alexandre wrote:
>
> > In practice, do you have any tips to signal there is any attachment to
> > emails ?
> >
> > Some "ergonomic" options:
> > - adding tag in Index
> > - adding tag in headers (to show in mutt)
> > - others ?
> >
> > Many thanks for sharing your ideas.
>
> I've setup the index_format to indicate the size of the mail in a column
> where my eyes usually hover while tending to my mails. So if it strikes
> me (and sometimes I still skip over it...) that it's unusually large,
> then I'll open it with view-attachment first.
>
> That is the closest thing I could get to warn myself about large emails
> and attachments.

I use the following as my index_format:

  "%4C %Z %?X?@& ? %{%b %d} %-15.15n (%?M?ยป%3M&%4c?) %s"

The @ tells me there is an attachement, and the 4c tells me the size of
the email.  I find this works mostly, except from some emails from Apple
Mail.  It does not work when the Apple Mail user "embeds" the attachment
in the email (e.g. pictures).  I think the MIME information set by Apple
Mail in this case is just plain wrong.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu