On 2013-12-07, Martin Vegter wrote:
> On 2013-12-07 19:12, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >* Martin Vegter [12-07-13 10:44]:
> >  [...]
> >>Yes, when I exit the editor, I am done with editing. That does not mean
> >>however, that I could not see the text of my message.  A the moment 70%
> >>of the lower screen in compose editor is empty (black).  Why not use
> >>that empty space to display the message-to-be sent?  That would seem
> >>logical to me.
> >
> >What really seems "logical" to me is to ascertain that I am finished
> >editing the message body prior to exiting the editor.  Should I decide
> >that is not so, only one keystroke is required to return to the editor.
>
> how do you decide the message needs re-editing, when you don't see
> the message in the compose menu?

How many times and ways do you need to see a message before deciding
to send it?  If you want to see it, press Enter; if you want to edit
the body, press e; if you want to edit it with headers included,
press E.  Whichever way you choose to view it, you then decide
whether it is OK to send or not.  Decision done.  What do you think
is going to change between the time you look at the message and the
time you press y to send it?

Regards,
Gary