On Dec 14, 2013 at 08:27 PM +0800, Chris Down wrote:
My browser is Chromium, but I think any generic solution should be
adaptable.

I use Christian's script for complex html messages, particularly ones that have images attached in the email. However, it's a bit slower sometimes then just opening up the html attachment via mailcap. I have two entries in my mailcap, one for viewing in Safari (on OS X) and one for viewing in mutt via w3m and the copious output setting. view-attach shows the w3m version in the pager and view-mailcap saves the html in a temp directory and opens it in Safari, using Eric Gebhart's view_attachment script.

text/html; /Users/me/bin/view_attachment %s html Safari ;
text/html; /usr/local/bin/w3m -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html