On 2014/5/11 11:08 PM, Chris Bannister wrote:
-snip-
> More worrying are the strange ammendments that American English is
> imposing (or has imposed) on us people who speak the proper English!

I'm sorry, but as an American I have to come out of lurk mode for this...

What you tried to write, Chris, refers to those "who speak" in the
nominative case. The phrase at the end of your sentence should therefore
begin "we", not "us". May I suggest "we who speak proper English!"
instead of "us people who speak the proper English!"

Regarding strange ammendments [sic] that American English is imposing, I
for one am appalled by what I regularly hear on the BBC World Service
(radio).

Ciao - Mark.