On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 11:36:28PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2014-09-13, Will Yardley wrote:
>
> > I don't think the stuff_all_quoted patch has been kept up to date.
>
> No, it hasn't.  One reason is that I no longer work at the company
> where mutt was my primary mail client and where I regularly received
> all sorts of different mail formats including format=flowed, so even
> if I was motivated to keep it up to date, I don't have a good way to
> test it.  I don't remember the last time I received a format=flowed
> message.

I thought Gmail did it, but they don't seem to currently. Apple Mail and

The other patch I mentioned (the one that FreeBSD makes available in its
ports tree,
http://www.mutt.org.ua/download/mutt-1.5.23/patch-1.5.23.vvv.quote.gz)
adds two options: quote_quoted and quote_empty

The only difference between this one and your $stuff_all_auoted is that
it may not re-quote the outer layers, so
>> foo

when quoted might become:
> >> foo
instead of
> > > foo.

Still better than nothing.

It does appear, though, that mutt at least *displays* flowed text
correctly now, as:
> foo
instead of
>foo