On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:42:19AM -0700, Eliana wrote:
> What operating system are you using?  If it is a Linux system, you would use
> ls -alt .muttdebug* to list the mutt debug files from the command line.  And
> need to do it from the command line, a file viewer will not detect the files,
> unless you possibly symlink to them with non-dot.file names.
>
> You have to put the dot at the start of the file names, those are part of the
> file names, that make the files not seen in general file searches unless you
> take special steps to make sure they are listed.
>
> Eliana
>
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:29:20AM -0500, Russell Urquhart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have looked all over my drive but i can't find this file. I compiled mutt
> > with the -debug option, is there some additional parameters i should have
> > compiled with to get this file to appear?
>>> End of included message <<<

If on Linux/UNIX, a good and fast way to search is the "locate" command.
It is in the "mlocate" package on my Fedora system.  You could do
  $ locate '*muttdebug*'
and it will find any file with that string in the name, even "hidden"
dot-files.  You may have to run locate as root if you think the file
could be in a directory you can't normally access.

Note, locate uses a database/index that is only updated periodically,
typically daily.  So it will not find a file you recently created.
To manually update the DB run as root "updatedb".  But it will take
a while to complete.

jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                 j...@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)