On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:52:25PM +0200, Nathan Schwarz wrote:
But alternative_order works fine, no more html-mail or lynx-dumps :)

However, note that at least some multipart/alternative emails come with an empty or trivial text/plain part. I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of writing a tool that would send multipart and then not put anything in the text/plain, but it does happen. If you use alternative_order to prefer plain text (as I do), you'll need to recognize that sometimes you will need to manually select the HTML part read the email.

--
Ed Blackman