* Andre Klärner <kan...@ak-online.be> [2014-11-11 21:01]:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Tue 11.11.2014 16:08:21, Peter P. wrote:
> > I am having a strange problem with different font/color behavior of
> > two instances of mutt with almost identical configuration files. These
> > two instances run on separate machines and otherwise have the same
> > behavior.
> > [...]
> > I checked several variables such as
> >     TERM=xterm
> >     XTERM_LOCALE=en_US.UTF-8
> >     XTERM_SHELL=/bin/bash
> >     XTERM_VERSION='XTerm(312)'
> > and they are identical on both machines.
>
> do you use the exactly same terminal? Do you ssh to one of the machines? I
> would take a look at the terminal configuration, some allow you to disable
> boldness or switch bold and bright separately.
Thank you Andre for this advice! I am indeed shh-ing into one of the
machines, actually into the one where bold under the indicator bar
works. But that ssh session runs inside the same xterm terminal, which
I assume to have the same configuration in both cases. Ssh itself
would presumably not change font settings I guess and I tried with
identical .bashrc files and the difference stayed.

If anyone else has a clue where I could be looking, I'd greatly
appreciate any hints!

best, Peter