Am 2015-01-07 14:34, schrieb J. A. Landamore:
I have mutt 1.5.21 installed on Ubuntu from the packages and it is mostly fine. It doesn't, however, connect to one of my mail providers because it
is linked against TLS and not SSL.

When I compile from source and link against SSL that problem is corrected
but now I get an issue when displaying the index pages.

Threads are displayed as

M-b~T~\M-b~T~@>
M-b~T~\=>

rather than {whitespace}> or {whitespace}=>

Given they display correctly in the packaged mutt and as far as I can tell
the configure options are the same it must be something in my build
environment.  Can anyone provide me with a pointer please?

It's a while, since I compiled mutt myself, but IIRC,
mutt probably linked against libncurses5-dev, but you need the wide support.
Installing the libncursesw5-dev package should fix that. The configure
script than builds against the correct ncurses library.

Best,
Christian