* On 03 Feb 2015, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 03:54:57PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Joe M <joe9m...@gmail.com> [02-02-15 15:42]:
> > >
> > > I am wondering if it is possible to change (add to) the list of
> > > keybindings that mutt shows in the bottom? For example, in the index
> > > menu, it shows me: q:Quit d:Del u:Undel s:Save m:Mail r:Reply  ?:Help
> > >

> > Without programming, I don't believe, but you can see your defined keys
> > and an explanation of their usage in the "?:Help" menu.
>
> Weird, Mine shows me:
>
> d:Del  u:Undel  s:Save  m:Mail  r:Reply  g:Group  ?:Help
>
> and it's along the top of the screen, not along the bottom.
>
> So it seems as though some aspects are able to be changed.

As posted, it's not possible to change the items shown without patching
the code.  Chris's doesn't show q:Quit because he's unbound the Quit
function.  Mutt has a static list of things it tries to show, but that's
filtered by which of them is actually bound to a key (so that it can
show which key).

--
David Champion • d...@bikeshed.us