On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:19:35AM -0400, Xu Wang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In the pager or index, I would like to mark as read every message in
> all mail boxes with the same message ID as the email that is
> highlighted.

There's no way to do this in Mutt proper... it does not have the
ability to perform operations across mailboxes, generally.

I was going to suggest a way to do it per-mailbox, by tagging the
messages and then marking them read, but there are only thread-level
commands for this--and the only other way I know of to do it is to
remove the new flag, but that command is a toggle.

You might find a solution for this in GNU Mailutils, or you could
probably whip up a script in Python using one of its standard modules
for e-mail, but I can't really give you more details than that.

-=-=-=-=-