* Joe <joe.on.l...@gmail.com> [08-27-15 18:41]:
 [...]
> mailboxes `echo +*`

Ian probably solved your problem here :)

> I found also following files in /etc, I don't know if they are really
> read by mutt at startup, anyway here they are:

Explained in the very fine manual which really should be read if you plan
on making the type configuration changes you have in your ~/.muttrc

> Hope this will be usefull to solve...

Very difficult solving problems when one does not know all the parameters
and doesn't have access.  This information is necessary you *you* to
provide when you have a problem and are seeking help.  Crystal Balls are
not much good any more.