On 2015-11-18, Peter P. <peterpar...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I came across an annoying issue when viewing attached files in mutt.
> In order to view attachment "A" Mutt saves the file to /tmp/mutt and
> launches the appropriate viewer. When I want to see another attachment
> "B" which has an identical filename as "A" and ask mutt to display it,
> mutt will not overwrite the already stored "A" file in /tmp/mutt, and
> hence display "A" while I would expect to see "B".
>
> Is this a known issue, and could there be a workaround to this?

I must be missing something.  Mutt saves temporary files to $TMPDIR or
to /tmp if $TMPDIR is unset (TMPDIR is kinda standard
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap08.html#tag_08_03).
Did you set your $TMPDIR to /tmp/mutt?  Anyway, I cannot reproduce
this behavior - I sent two identically named .pdf files, opened them
in turn and both of them were saved to $TMPDIR before opening and
handled by mutt in accordance with ~/.mailcap.  What mutt version do
you use?  I tested it on both 1.5.21 and 1.5.24.

--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadi...@drabczyk.org>