On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 10:50:13PM +0200, bastian-muttu...@t6l.de wrote:
> On 07Apr16 19:53 +0200, Andreas wrote:
> > Am 07.04.2016 um 01:19 schrieb Cameron Simpson:
> By now I cannot imagine any solution which is more flexible (for me).
> Comments welcome!
I do basically the same, with some scripts to add Xlabels to
individual messages, instead of saving them in different
mailboxes/maildirs.
> > Me too and while it does find the message it does not tell me /where/ it
> > is. How do you do this?
>
> I do not precisely know about notmuch, but the indexers I know about
> they create links to the original mail in a temporary maildir folder. At
> least follow those links.
> Actually, to find the location of a mail file grepmail is a nice tool,
> which I used long time ago.

I use maidir-utils. mu find can show you the actual location of a
message if you use the option --fields "... l" as in

  mu find from:somefriend tag:somelabel --fields "d f s l"

which prints date, from, subject and location for each matching message.

Regards,
Luis