** Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> [2016-05-17 11:09]:
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 10:25:39AM +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
> > ** Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> [2016-05-17 08:31]:

> > > Mines not that complex but does what I need, adding what I asked for
> > > originally won't be all that difficult.
> > >
> > > I wrote mine to simplify the operation of joining a new mailing list,
> > > I just subscribe to the list and add one line to my configuration
> > > file.  That routes the list messages to a specific destination and
> > > adds a short alias for sending mail to the list.
> > >
> > ** end quote [Chris Green]
> >
> > For comparison my line from my Sieve configuration for automatically filling
> > mail into my list folder is:
> >
> > if header :contains ["List-Post"] ["mutt-users@mutt.org"] {
> >         fileinto "lists.mutt"; stop; }
> >
> > and in Mutt I just use L to reply to the list. Of course this relies on the
> > list being setup properly. I have other versions for some lists (mainly
> > using
> > List-Id instead of List-Post) and some based on subject for my own automated
> > mails from cron jobs. If I wanted to send the mail on to another acount I
> > could
> > just use something like:
> >
> > if header :contains ["List-Post"] ["mutt-users@mutt.org"] {
> >         redirect "u...@domain.com"; stop; }
> >
> > As with most things it is a combination of what you are used to and your
> > personal setup that dictates the best solution!
> >
> My configuration file (which is all that changes if I add/remove a
> mailing list) just has lines like:-
>
> audacity        Li      audacity-us...@lists.sourceforge.net
> Audacity-users
>
> The first field becomes my alias for sending messages to the list and
> is also the destination mailbox for received messages.  The second
> column is the directory the mailbox is in (there's an In and a Tm as
> well as Li).  The third field (obviously) is the full list E-Mail
> address and the fourth (optional) field is text to be removed from the
> subject line if it's found there between [].
>
> The muttrc configuration also automatically uses the above
> configuration file to set the 'lists', 'subscribe' and 'mailboxes'
> entries.  It's this that tools like procmail (and sieve?) can't do.
** end quote [Chris Green]

This is where an off the shelf package can never match a custom coded script,
if you have the knowledge, time and inclination to write one. You know exactly
what combination of software you are using and on what platform and code to
suite that, where off the shelf ends up being much more unweildy as it will
have to handle a show multitude of different scenarios.

Time is my issue, I really must get around to sorting out something to allow
management of Sieve configuration for holiday away messages, mainly for people
on Outlook, but I doubt it will end up that specific. Personally I just dive in
and edit the .dovecot.sieve file by hand, but then I have full root access to
the server and am comfortable using Vim to do this :)

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/