I think I must be a newbie in mutt-user community. So, hi all.
    I need some help here. I want to know how to organize all the message in
gmail
inbox. I used to the Thunderbird email client. Frankly it's a pretty nice email
client, with a cool feature call `message-filter`. It can move some messages to
some mailbox according to the pattern you give it. For example, it can move all
the messages whose `To` field in header contains `mutt-users@mutt.org` to a
mailbox/folder call `mutt-user`. This can even automatically happed when I start
Thunderbird. This help me keep my inbox clean when I have subscribed to a lot of
mailing lists.  But when my emails get overflow and my network connection get
bad,
Thunderbird would crash. Yes, it suck. That's the reason why I switch to using
Mutt.

    I know mutt can do pretty much the same things. But I don't know how to
exactly configure it. I try the instruction on the manual but thing just
doesn't work.
    For example, in the index mode, I press `<shift>T`, and then
`some-header-string`, trying to tagged all the message that are sent to
`mutt-users@mutt.org`. But that doesn't work. So bad. I try some others, can't
make it yet.
    Can anyone tell me,
    ** How can I have that Thunderbird message filtering in mutt?(i.e., moving
    some messages from inbox to other mailbox according to the `To` field or
`Cc`
    field)
    ** Is those ~ in mutt's manual(~e, ~T, ~B, etc.) stand for the <shift>
    key?(I guess so because I have tried both `~T` and `<shift>T`, and only
`<shift>T`
    have some effect.) If that is, seriously, why can't the author just place
    something like <shift> or <S> in the manual? and what does the =, % prefix
mean?

Thanks,
Ruan