On Sep 05, 2016 at 8:46, Peter P. wrote:
I am frequently attaching images to emails in mutt and wonder if there
is a way I can preview them when selecting the files, but before
actually attaching them. I imagine selecting/entering the path to the
file to be attached, but then pressing TAB once more, or using any other
keypress, launching eg. imagemagick's display to show the image briefly.
I use a combination of vim, the CheckAttach plugin [0] and ranger [1] and w3mimgdisplay. [2]

Basically you simply edit your mail, run :AttachFile and select the file in ranger which can show you a preview on the side.

[0] https://github.com/vim-scripts/CheckAttach.vim
[1] http://nongnu.org/ranger/
[2] https://github.com/ranger/ranger/wiki/Image-Previews