On 08.11.16 10:00, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 07Nov2016 22:47, nfb <notfreeb...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> >here i want to submit to you some doubts I have when replying to some
> >mails. I may be a little OT, but i'd like to hear from you wether
> >answering to multiple emails at once, quoting text from them, is a
> >good practice, and how you accomplish that in mutt. Otherwise what is
> >the recommended way to answer multiple messages in the same thread?
> >I tried searching online but it seems a very particular topic, so I
> >couldn't find much.
>
> It is pretty rare, but when I need to do it I tag all the source
> messages and hit 'g' (group-reply), and then pay careful attention to
> the to/cc list.

+1 (but I always hit 'L')

It can work well on a busy thread, both to avoid inflating the thread
with multiple fragmentary replies, and to put all of the information
regarding several facets in one place, for the record. (I use it only
very occasionally.)

It can be advantageous to swap the order of the quoted messages for a
more logical flow in the reply, and trimming of the quoted text is even
more important in the case of several long messages.

Erik