Hi.

This subject has been discussed many times over the years, and I'm
having a go at it.

Because mutt's native support for multipart/alternative seems
insufficient for what I'm trying to achieve, I'm aiming to get this
flow:

        1) Use mutt (write text/plain mail, set mail headers (recipients,
        subject, others) and handle file attachments).

        2) [Message pushed somewhere, via a mutt macro, that could save
        locally in a mailbox, or pipe to a file, or anything: mechanism does
        not really matter to me].

        3) Message is massaged by a script that rebuilds the MIME sections
        of the mail, adding a text/html section (transcoding text/plain via
        Markdown or other tool) and adding related HTML inline images (for
        signature).  MIME structure becomes:

                - multipart/mixed
                        - multipart/alternative
                                - text/plain
                                - multipart/related
                                        - text/html
                                        - inline image
                        - attachments

        4) Message returns to mutt, which handles GPG, archiving to
        appropriate Fcc, sending out for transport.

Now my blocker comes from (4).  No matter if I try to `recall-message`
(Shift-R), `resend-message` (Esc-e) or mutt's `-H` option, the
multipart/alternative part gets corrupted by mutt.  I'm trying to tell
mutt “Please just send it as it is”.  `bounce-message` (b) leaves mail
structure intact but of course modifies recipients.

Any possible way to achieve that “send as is” behaviour, or do you guys
know any patch in the wild that would allow that?

Thanks,

--
· Patrice Levesque
· http://ptaff.ca/