On 30Jan17 17:57 +0100, Peter P. wrote:
> * Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> [2017-01-27 10:13]:

I use the maildir-utils "mu" as a mail indexer. That tool also creates a
database of all email contacts found and as such it is kind of a address
book.

It integrates well into mutt's address completion function (pressing
CTRL-T):

  set query_command="mu cfind --format mutt-ab %s"

Good thing: You don't have to manually fill your email address book. It
is all in the mailboxes

Drawback: I haven't found an easy way to remove/modify entries, besides
directly editing the email and the address book DB (which is ascii).
But that was necessary just one time in four years I use mu.

Cheers,
--
Bastian