On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 08:37:40PM -0400, Justin R. Andrusk wrote:

> For keeping track of GTD-related tasks, I like to have a top-level
> folder called, 'GTD', with sub-folders underneath such as: 'TODO',
> 'PENDING', 'DELEGATE', and 'DONE'.
>
> Is it possible to setup this nested folder structure within Mutt?

This depends on how you're accessing / storing your mail, and also
whether or not you need to have both mail and folders in the same folder
(i.e., whether GTD needs to have messages in it as well as other
folders).

If you are using IMAP, some of this will depend on the IMAP server
you're using and how it handles subfolders.

If you're using local mbox / Maildir / etc. mailboxes, then of course
you can create any directory structure you like for mail, however, I
don't think you can have messages in a directory called 'foo' as well as
a subfolder 'foo/bar' with most (all?) storage types.

The Maildir++ strategy lets you do this with 'foo' and 'foo.bar' as the
folder name, but this would only be supported over IMAP vs. local
Maildirs.