No unusual headers. But I tried the options on that webpage and it
seems to have improved. Thanks.

On Di, 24 Okt 2017, David Woodfall wrote:

I've been using mutt a fair while now. Lately I've been using it with
imap and find that it can take a while to read headers.

Are there any tricks to speeding up imap?

I do have a header cache, but it still takes some time opening a
folder with a 1000+ or so messages.

Any tips?

Are you using any unusual headers for e.g. coloring? That may make mutt
need to fetch the complete message instead of fetching it from the
cache. See the `:set imap_headers` for adding additional headers to the
cache.

Also you might want to check this article:
http://www.codeblueprint.co.uk/2016/12/19/a-kernel-devs-approach-to-improving.html

regards,
Christian
--
        "How did you spend the weekend?" asked the pretty brunette secretary
of her blonde companion.