On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 02:30:16PM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 02Feb2018 10:45, Yubin Ruan <ablacktsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I got three attachments in a mail, as shown in the attachment view:
> >
> >    [multipart/alternative, 7bit, 97K]
> >    [text/plain, quoted, utf-8, 9.2K]
> >    [text/html, quoted, utf-8, 87K]
>
> That's really 2 attachments. The text/plain and text/html parts are
> _enclosed by the multipart/alternative part, which exists to offer two or
> more choices which are meant to be equivalent.

Also, you can configure the order mutt displays them in, for example, I
have:
alternative_order text/calendar text/plain text/enriched text/html test/*

Sometimes it does screw me up if the text/plain and text/html parts of a
multipart/mixed messages aren't actually equivalent as they're supposed
to, and I end up missing part of an email because Mutt doesn't show it
to me based on my configured order.