On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 06:15:38PM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 02Feb2018 11:55, Yubin Ruan <ablacktsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 07:32:29PM -0800, Barton Janes wrote:
> > > The trailing = is usually caused by the text encoding of "quoted
> > > Printable"
> > >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable
> >
> > Are there any ways to save the decoded message rather than the encoded one?
> >
> > To make it more general, is it possible to save the content generated by
> > some
> > auto_view commands, without having to split the email and type those
> > commands
> > separately in command line?
>
> Well, you can set pipe_decode=yes and then pipe to a save command:
>
>  | cat >saved_message.txt
>
> Pipe_decode is normally "no", so that piping a message goes in the raw form
> to whatever command is receiving it. But setting it to "yes" gets you what
> would show in the pager. I think. Need to experiment.

This work as expected. Thanks.

> Personally I'm surprised that the Content-Transfer-Encoding isn't decoded
> for saving things; it is there purely to get the original content through
> the mail system and should be decoded. I need to do some testing.

There is a Content-Transfer-Encoding in the text/plain part, but it does not
seem to work as you described. Probably mutt have skipped that:

    ------=_Part_3237106_526482122.1517522433475

    LinkedIn Highlights

    Should I tell coworkers my salary?

    264 people are talking about this

    https://www.linkedin.com/comm/search/results/content/?keywords=3DShould+I+t=
    ell+coworkers+my+salary%3F&origin=3DFED_EMAIL&anchorTopic=3D506458&midToken=
    =3DAQFSR-6AohV2qQ&trk=3Deml-email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01-hero-1-null&trkE=
    mail=3Deml-email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01-hero-1-null-null-6mvow3%7Ejd475j9=
    d%7Ey4-null-neptune%2Fsearch%2Eresults%2Econtent&lipi=3Durn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ae=
    mail_email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01%3BrxyHuw3NTWi4n8fHNW81ig%3D%3D

     =20

> Yubin, your sample messages seem to be from linkedin.com; is that the case?
> If so, I've any number of them in my own inbox I can try.

Yes it is from linkedin.com. I have forwarded you a copy.

--
Yubin