Todd Zullinger writes:
> http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#display-munging
>
> subjectrx was added in 1.8.0, it seems.

That's wonderful! Something I've been wishing for for a long time.

But the example in the manual doesn't work for me in 1.9.3
(on Debian testing, but I think that's back to being normal mutt,
not neomutt, right?). This line in muttrc:
  subjectrx '\[[^\]]*\]? *' '%L%R'
changes
  "Re: [LongListName] blah blah"
  "Re: ongListName] blah blah"

In other words, the first * is ignored and it matches only one
character after the open bracket. I've tried replacing the * with
+, with {1,} and with {0,} but none of them work: * and {1,} match
one character while + and {1,} don't match anything and do don't
do any substitution.

The feature is still great, because I don't strictly need the regex
-- I can make explicit matches for the few really long list names
that are causing problems -- but I wonder why the example in the
manual isn't working.

Also, is it possible to escape a quote? I have one set of emails
that come through with an apostrophe, like
  Subject: [Don't care about this super long list ID] blah blah

Escaping within single quotes, like this:
  subjectrx 'Don\'t care about this super long list ID]' '%LDONT%R'
gives an "about: unknown command" error.

The workaround of using double quotes works fine:
  subjectrx "Don't care about this super long list ID]" '%LDONT%R'
Just curious, since the workaround is fine for now.

        ...Akkana