a certain e-mail provider does this (a more complete
example is at the end of this query).

  the From header is correct.  so what i'm looking for
is a message hook which redoes the Reply-To: header
before the message gets shown to me and it
somehow magically scans header, saves From address and format
and then if it finds out that the message has one of those
yucky Reply-Tos i want it to fix it using the saved From
address.  otherwise it should leave the Reply-To: header
alone.

  in matching patterns i see no Reply-To: character so it
looks like i have to create this from the more general case
of using the entire headers character.

  as i've been reading through documentation and searching
for quite a while already i thought i would just ask as
perhaps someone has already done this but google isn't
showing me any love on this one and my brain cells are now
mush so i will ask and check later to see if anyone has
an obvious reply.

Example:

=====