On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 09:53:54PM +0200, ilf wrote:
How do you handle attachments?

Currently, I use "auto_view text/html" and "implicit_autoview" with mailcap. However, I would like to not display attachments via mailcap automatically on opening a mail, but only after pressing another key. (Never trust attachments…)

Is there any way one could implement this in mutt currently? Maybe with some kind of macro?

You should be able to do this with judicious used of mailcap entries [1].

If you have one entry for the mime-type with the "copiousoutput" flag, and you put that AFTER one without, then mutt will use the copiousoutput program to auto_view the attachment, but it will invoke the other one when you "view-mailcap". See section 3.3.2 of the manual.

[1] http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual.html#mailcap

--
For more information, please reread.