On 07/24/2018 02:17 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
On 2018-07-24 13:31, Hang Yuan wrote:

I use mutt + msmtp to send email. But I find when I reply an email
from mailing list, others in the mailing list will not see my email
address like "on behalf of hang.y...@linux.intel.com" in the
received email. If I only send email to an individual, the email
head is correct with my email address display. Does anyone have any
idea? Thanks in advance.

I think it also happens when I reply this email to mutt-users@mutt.org
mailing list.  There is no my email address displayed in the "From"
field.

Some mailing lists (in particular installations of mailman) rewrite the
"From" header in order to avoid bounces of messages submitted to the
list from a domain with a strict DMARC policy.  Some lists _only_ do it
for such senders, but other lists do it for all senders.  I'm too
lazy/tired right now to look up your domain's policy, so I don't know
which case it falls into, but I'm quite sure this is the general phenom
you are seeing.

Thank you for the answer! So I understand all email accounts in the same domain will have the same phenomena, right? But the strange thing is that sounds like only I have the problem.

For example, when others reply an email to mailing list, people will see
"From: oth...@linux.intel.com" in mutt or "From: <example-boun...@example.mailinglist.org> on behalf of oth...@linux.intel.com" in outlook email client.