Michael Wagner wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I edit my mails here in mutt with vim. When I reply to a message I don't
> want to delete the signature from the original poster by myself. Can this
> be done in mutt or must it be done in vim.
>
> TIA Michael

hi,

you could define your muttrc editor variable to be a program that locates
and removes signatures before invoking vim on the result. you just have
to write the program.

i used to have procmail filter emails through a program that deleted
signatures and legal notices upon arrival. i had to add new signatures
to be recognised whenever new ones turned up.

so it can be automated but it requires some effort.

cheers,
raf