Hi Alex,

> *When* you arrive at this point, when
> you leave the editor but before sending
> the msg (like shown on this pic:
> https://i.imgur.com/cjqMrl3.png), is it
> possible to produce some kind of alert
> (like :echomsg command in Vim, for
> example) or to launch an external script
> dependent on the list of recipients?

I think what you are asking is, if the To: field matches a particular
pattern, then can the CC: field by populated automatically?

If you would be content to have all the CC: parties go into the To: field,
then this can be handled quite simply using aliases, like so:

alias my.serious.group Very Important Person 1 <v...@example.com>,  \
    Very Important Other Person <v...@example.com>,                 \
    Very Important Third Person <v...@example.com>

Then when you send email to my.serious.group, the To: field will be
immediately populated with the three individual email addresses.

(This accepts recursive aliases, that is, each person can have their own
alias defined before the group alias.)

~ Tim