On 21Oct2018 19:55, Manish Rai Jain <manishrj...@gmail.com> wrote:
unalternative_order * doesn't help. The problem is that, mutt always
renders html (in my case, it gets sent to chrome which introduces a delay)
via mailcap, if I set text/html in auto_view. I only want html mailcap to
be invoked, if text/plain isn't present.

Ah, I think I understand.

The unalternative_order in my config is just necessary to scrub the old order and install a different one. Not what you need.

I think the problem is that auto_view is unconditional. So it fires whether there's a plain text version or not.

- comment out your auto_view

- you can drop the text/plain mailcap entry, mutt will do that just fine

- retry

That _should_ get you a chrome window if there's no text/plain, if I understand what's going on.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>