On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 12:48:20PM +1100, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 01.11.18 19:06, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> > When I hit "s" it would be lovely to have the last folder I saved a message
> > with the same "meta" (simple case - same "from:").
>
> That is the mutt default, in my experience. Since that is never useful
> here, I set save-hooks to meet local needs. While most of mine set a
> second archive mailbox for each delivery mailbox, there is one which
> parallels your use-case:
>
> fcc-save-hook '%L fam_grp' family
>
> That sets "family" as the default save destination for anything from
> anyone I've listed in a "alias -group fam_grp rita   r...@example.com"
> line. It's an fcc-save-hook rather than just a save-hook to put my
> replies there as well. Now _that_ is smart, and seems far more useful
> than spraying emails disc-wide based on nothing more than "From:".

Interesting, I'll check this out. My "From:" example was a bit too
contrived. Ultimately I'd like this for work, where I end up with
many emails, from the same 50 people, that could be about different
things. It might hash the subject and then dump it into the same
folder I put in the first time.

Ben.

--
Ben Fitzgerald