On 29Aug2019 19:11, Mathieu Carpentier <mathieu.carpent...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I did few tests and I think I'm going to use environment variable.

Before calling mutt I will source "~/.mutt/my-env.sh" where I'll set the
variable I'd like to use in muttrc (eg. MUTT_MAIL_FOLDER=~/Mail).
mailboxes `echo -n "+ "; cd $MUTT_MAIL_FOLDER/gmail; find . -maxdepth 1
-type d -name "*" -printf "+'%f' "`

I invoke mutt via an script which sets various environment variables (and optionally does other stuff) for the same reason.

It seems to work fine. I was just looking for a way to do it only with mutt
variable.

Well, you can push a string which is subject to variable expansion, eg (untested):

 :push "blah $mutt_var blah"

and make hooks or macros to do such a thing.

If what you push then runs a shell script...

It is cumbersome, to say the least.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>